Who doesn't love a good podcast these days?! There's something for everyone and every topic it seems like. Here's a few of our favorite educational podcasts for you and your kids!
1. But Why? A Podcast for Curious Kids - But Why is a show led by kids. They ask the questions and we find the answers. It’s a big interesting world out there. On But Why, they tackle topics large and small, about nature, words, even the end of the world.
2. The Big Fib - In the era of fake news, kids need to learn to be able to tell what’s true from what’s false. And what better way to do that than a game show that puts kids in the driver’s seat, adults on the hot seat, and a sound-effects robot strapped to the roof? Each week, a kid interviews two experts in a particular topic, one of whom is a genuine, credentialed expert, the other a liar. Hilarious and fast-paced, the show teaches kids to ask insightful questions, weigh the evidence before them, and trust their gut. Now a TV show on Disney+
3. What If World - Every two weeks, the creative host of this podcast takes questions from kids and spins them into an entertaining tale.
1. StarTalk Radio - Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about all things space: stars, planets, humans in space, and so much more. He also interviews a lot of amazing people, from Buzz Aldrin to Alan Rickman.
2. Listenwise - Listenwise is an award-winning listening skills platform, searchable by topic area or school subject. It advances classroom learning by providing additional content and building listening skills. There is also a focus on current events that helps keep the learning tied to the real world.
3. Cupid and the Reaper - This thought-provoking podcast tells the origin story of middle-schoolers Marcus Aronson and Mondo Ramirez, also known as Cupid and the Grim Reaper. Can these two mismatched heroes overcome their differences and learn to harness the powers of life, death, and love?
1. Freakonomics Radio - A podcast created by the co-author of Freakonomics and Superfreakonomics, Stephen Dubner invites listeners to explore the hidden sides of everything. And, given his almost 300 episodes on topics ranging from Millionaires vs. Billionaires to How to Win a Nobel Prize, he is well on his way to talking about everything.
2. Radiolab - Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
3. Let's Be Real with Sammy Jaye - This highly acclaimed podcast delivers honest and unfiltered conversations with celebrities, activists, athletes, and influencers focusing on real-life issues—from mental health and political activism to pop culture and more.