For many, Spring Break is right around the corner! Families from around the country will be traveling, doing staycations and attempting to find things to keep their kids busy. Still looking for ideas? Check out some of our favorite affordable destinations around the Southeast and things to do at home too!
1. St. Pete Beach, FL - Barrier Islands and sugary sand beaches, this destiantion is right outside of Tampa is only seven hours (driving) from Atlanta. This charming town is full of old school accomodations and plenty of fun things to do from shell hunting on the beach to the Alligator & Wildlife Discovery Center.
2. Greenville, SC - Home to the Greenville Zoo, park attendees can not only walk around the park, but also go on free learning sarafi's if you decide to visit on a Thursday! Downtown hosts Falls Park as well where there are plenty of restaurants, shops and often live music.
3. Blairsville, GA - Want to get outside? Check out north Georgia and hike along the Appalachian Trail! Blairsville offers creeks and waterfalls, horseback riding, camping and more.
Stay At Home:
1. Backyard Campout - Set up a tent and picnic in the backyard for your little ones! If you have access to a projector, hang a sheet up on the side of your house and put a movie on too!
2. Home Depot - Yes, Home Depot! They offer free kids workshops where they get to build anything from bird houses to wooden tick-tac-toe games! Check out HomeDepot.com or visit your local store for a schedule of upcoming events.
3. Floor is Lava - An oldie, but a goodie, this game can be played a number of ways. One of my favorites is to blow up a balloon and use your hands to keep it from hitting the ground. This can be played with a single person or with multiple!